Any additional work that a child does in school or at home will help their progress.
Learning at school is fun and so learning at home should be too!
Click here for year group passport pages for children to complete each year:
Here are some more ideas on what to do at home with your child:
- SumDog– each child from Year 1 -6 has a Sumdog account that the school has paid for. We love Maths and Spelling and know your child just won’t be able to get enough of it! www.SumDog.co.uk
- Espresso – the school subscribes to this site so you don’t have to. It has a huge variety of curriculum led games and activities. Let your child teach you Spanish or test you on your SPAG! (Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar) www.espresso.co.uk
- BBC Bitesize – has a range of fun activities linked to English, Maths and Science for Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2. www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary/
- Dance Mat – a clever step by step programme to teach touch typing to children. An essential skill for today's learners. www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing/
- Parent Centre – information and ideas on how you can help with your child’s education. www.parentcentre.gov.uk
- Teachernet Parent Centre – outlines the importance of parental involvement in children’s learning. www.teachernet.gov.uk/workingwithparents
- Literacy Trust – insight into the importance and value of speaking and listening with your child – talk to your baby www.literacytrust.org.uk
- Enchanted Learning – A range of games suitable for Early Years. www.enchantedlearning.com
- Starfall – An exciting range of learning activities linked to reading and phonics. www.starfall.com
- Top Marks – A fun set of Early Years learning games for different subjects. www.topmarks.com
- CBBC – Early Years games, all with a specific learning focus. www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc